EOW probes role of Boman Irani's son in QNet scam
- Sitaram Yechury succeeds Karat as Pillai pulls out of race
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Modi at kisan rally, accuses him of being anti-poor
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- Maoist chief admits to loss of leaders, weakening base, asks cadres to open fronts
- Group of Ministers back, in ‘informal’ avatar
The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch Tuesday initiated investigation against actor Boman Irani's son Danesh, after it received a complaint alleging that he was also involved in the Rs 425 crore QNet scam. The EOW has already issued a lookout notice for world billiards champion Michael Ferreira in connection with the case.
Police sources said Gurpreet Singh Anand, who is the original complainant in the case, submitted a letter to the EOW Tuesday, alleging that Danesh was also involved in the scam and that he had attended the promotional events of the company. The EOW has not named Danesh an accused in the case yet.
"It is alleged that Danesh has earned a substantial amount through the scheme. We are examining the details of his bank account. It is still too early to comment about his culpability in the scam," said Additional Commissioner of Police Rajvardhan Sinha, EOW.