Era group premises searched
- Man throws ink at Sahara chief Subrata Roy in Supreme Court premises
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
Official and residential premises of real estate and infrastructure construction firms under Delhi-based Era Group have been searched by central revenue department officials for alleged service tax evasion of about Rs 18 crore, official sources said.
Acting on intelligence, a team of officials have booked a case of alleged service tax evasion against Era Infra Engineering Ltd, Era Landmark Ltd and Era Buildsys Ltd, they said.
The officials recorded statements of persons concerned of the firms who accepted service tax liability of about Rs 13 crore in respect of Era Infra Engineering Ltd and about Rs 5.5 crore in respect of Era Landmark Ltd up to November last year, the sources claimed.
Besides, the officials in their recorded statement have admitted service tax liability of Rs 30 lakh in respect of Era Buildsys Ltd for the period up to September 2012, they said.
The group did not respond to email and phone calls seeking their response.
The Era Group had voluntarily deposited about Rs 20 lakh on account of Era Infra Engineering Ltd and handed over post dated cheques of about Rs 15 crore on account of Era Infra Engineering Ltd and Rs 5 crore on account of Era Landmark Ltd towards their outstanding service tax liability, the sources said.
The companies were allegedly evading the service tax liability by not filing a mandatory ST-3 form, for service tax, from April 2012 onwards, they said.
Era Infra Engineering Ltd is engaged in construction of roads, bridges and power plants, Era Landmark Ltd is in the business of development of real estate projects and Era Buildsys Ltd is into supply and erection of pre-fabricated structures under the aegis of Era Group, registered headquarters in Okhla here.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore