Eric Clapton's watch sells for £2.3 mn
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Musician Eric Clapton's watch has sold at auction for £2.3 million.
The 67-year-old 'Wonderful Tonight' singer acquired the timepiece, made by Swiss luxury watchmaker Patek Philippe, 10 years ago and an Asian collector bought it at London auction house Christie's, a media report said.
Christie's spokesman Cristiano de Lorenzo said, "The Eric Clapton watch was bought by an Asian private collector."
Clapton's Patek Philippe, made in Geneva in 1987, has a perpetual calendar with moon phases, as well as windows.
The lot was part of Christie's semi-annual Geneva sale and the top lot at the seven-hour auction was another platinum chronograph by Patek Phlippe, made in 1952 for legendary American collector JB Champion.
Last year, Clapton sold more than 70 of his guitars at charity auction, raising £1.35 million for his Crossroads drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre in Antigua.