Eric Clapton's watch sells for £2.3 mn
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Musician Eric Clapton's watch has sold at auction for £2.3 million.
The 67-year-old 'Wonderful Tonight' singer acquired the timepiece, made by Swiss luxury watchmaker Patek Philippe, 10 years ago and an Asian collector bought it at London auction house Christie's, a media report said.
Christie's spokesman Cristiano de Lorenzo said, "The Eric Clapton watch was bought by an Asian private collector."
Clapton's Patek Philippe, made in Geneva in 1987, has a perpetual calendar with moon phases, as well as windows.
The lot was part of Christie's semi-annual Geneva sale and the top lot at the seven-hour auction was another platinum chronograph by Patek Phlippe, made in 1952 for legendary American collector JB Champion.