Escaping from Army jawan molester, woman jumps from speeding train
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
Trying to escape from a molester identified as an Army jawan, a woman today jumped from a speeding express train near Ara junction suffering injuries on her head and legs, officials said.
Bhojpur District Magistrate Pratima S Verma told PTI that the woman from Darjeeling in West Bengal jumped out of the 14055 UP Dibrugarh-Delhi Brahmaputra Express at Jagjivan Halt to escape from the clutches of a molestor.
The 30-something lady suffered injuries on head and legs and has been admitted at Sadar Hospital at Ara, district headquarters of Bhojpur, around 50 km from the state capital.
The molester, identified as army jawan Ramesh Kumar hailing from Himachal Pradesh, was grabbed by an Assam Rifles man who was travelling in the train and handed over to Railway Protection Force (RPF) at Buxar which is next junction to Ara under Mughalsarai division of East Central Raiway (ECR), police sources said.
Two FIRs have been lodged, one each at Ara and Buxar, in GRP (Government Rail Police) police station in connection with the incident, they said.
The jawan, who caught the molester, has been identified as A D Upadhyay and the accused was dragged from the train's toilet.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past