Escaping from Army jawan molester, woman jumps from speeding train
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Trying to escape from a molester identified as an Army jawan, a woman today jumped from a speeding express train near Ara junction suffering injuries on her head and legs, officials said.
Bhojpur District Magistrate Pratima S Verma told PTI that the woman from Darjeeling in West Bengal jumped out of the 14055 UP Dibrugarh-Delhi Brahmaputra Express at Jagjivan Halt to escape from the clutches of a molestor.
The 30-something lady suffered injuries on head and legs and has been admitted at Sadar Hospital at Ara, district headquarters of Bhojpur, around 50 km from the state capital.
The molester, identified as army jawan Ramesh Kumar hailing from Himachal Pradesh, was grabbed by an Assam Rifles man who was travelling in the train and handed over to Railway Protection Force (RPF) at Buxar which is next junction to Ara under Mughalsarai division of East Central Raiway (ECR), police sources said.
Two FIRs have been lodged, one each at Ara and Buxar, in GRP (Government Rail Police) police station in connection with the incident, they said.
The jawan, who caught the molester, has been identified as A D Upadhyay and the accused was dragged from the train's toilet.