Even a kite can draw the world to Gujarat: Modi
- The Build-UP: Amit Shah's gameplan to conquer the state for Narendra Modi
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC seeks tapes of Amit Shah's speech, to check 'revenge' remarks
Even a kite can draw the world to Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi exulted on Sunday while highlighting fresh steps taken by his government to promote tourism in the state.
"Patang Utsav (kite festival) is a routine effort. It has existed for a long time. But what was not there was the skill to show it to the world. We showed how a kite can draw the world to Gujarat," Modi said while inaugurating the international kite festival here.
The kite festival comes close on the heels of the Vibrant Gujarat summit that attracted business leaders from India and abroad to Gandhinagar.
Stating that this time his government is taking the festival to smaller towns, like Modhera, he said, "We are trying to brand Modhera and market it."
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death