Even a kite can draw the world to Gujarat: Modi
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 51 arrested for setting Puri-Barbil Express train coach on fire
- 24 dead, 28 rescued from Mediterranean migrant boat
Even a kite can draw the world to Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi exulted on Sunday while highlighting fresh steps taken by his government to promote tourism in the state.
"Patang Utsav (kite festival) is a routine effort. It has existed for a long time. But what was not there was the skill to show it to the world. We showed how a kite can draw the world to Gujarat," Modi said while inaugurating the international kite festival here.
The kite festival comes close on the heels of the Vibrant Gujarat summit that attracted business leaders from India and abroad to Gandhinagar.
Stating that this time his government is taking the festival to smaller towns, like Modhera, he said, "We are trying to brand Modhera and market it."