Even a kite can draw the world to Gujarat: Modi
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
Even a kite can draw the world to Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi exulted on Sunday while highlighting fresh steps taken by his government to promote tourism in the state.
"Patang Utsav (kite festival) is a routine effort. It has existed for a long time. But what was not there was the skill to show it to the world. We showed how a kite can draw the world to Gujarat," Modi said while inaugurating the international kite festival here.
The kite festival comes close on the heels of the Vibrant Gujarat summit that attracted business leaders from India and abroad to Gandhinagar.
Stating that this time his government is taking the festival to smaller towns, like Modhera, he said, "We are trying to brand Modhera and market it."
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight