Evening daily publishes ‘morphed’ photo of Sikh gurus posted on Facebook, protesters vandalise office
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Members of Sikh organisations under the banner of the Baba Buddha Ji Gurmat Granthi Sabha on Friday vandalised the office of the evening daily `Khuli Soch' near Gill Road, for hurting their sentiments after the paper published morphed pictures of Sikh gurus that had been posted on Facebook.
The protesters set fire to furniture in the newspaper's office and shouted slogans against the daily. They later blocked traffic on the Canal Road. They called of their agitation after police lodged an FIR against Rajesh Sharma, the paper's Editor, and Sahib Sandhu - an employee.
The objectionable pictures had been posted on Facebook by miscreants, which the paper carried.
Editor Rajesh Sharma said the paper had carried the pictured to condemn those who had posted them. He added that it was not the newspaper's intention to harm sentiments of anyone.
Jagdev Singh, chairman of Sabha said that it hurt the sentiments of the masses in general. Secretary Gurdeep Singh, Bhupinder Singh, Baba Jaspal Singh, Surinder Singh, Pritam Singh were also present in the protest.