Evening daily publishes ‘morphed’ photo of Sikh gurus posted on Facebook, protesters vandalise office
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Members of Sikh organisations under the banner of the Baba Buddha Ji Gurmat Granthi Sabha on Friday vandalised the office of the evening daily `Khuli Soch' near Gill Road, for hurting their sentiments after the paper published morphed pictures of Sikh gurus that had been posted on Facebook.
The protesters set fire to furniture in the newspaper's office and shouted slogans against the daily. They later blocked traffic on the Canal Road. They called of their agitation after police lodged an FIR against Rajesh Sharma, the paper's Editor, and Sahib Sandhu - an employee.
The objectionable pictures had been posted on Facebook by miscreants, which the paper carried.
Editor Rajesh Sharma said the paper had carried the pictured to condemn those who had posted them. He added that it was not the newspaper's intention to harm sentiments of anyone.