Ever tried to find out state of minorities? HC poser to govt
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- AAP holds rally against land bill, vows to fight against 'deadly Act'
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Pak Army announces special force for protecting Chinese citizens
- Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
In a PIL seeking direction to the Gujarat government to implement the pre-metric scholarship scheme in the state, a division bench had held on October 8, 2012, that the government could not give monetary benefits to any community on the basis of religion as constitution prohibited discrimination on ground of religion.However, the bench had refused to act on its order since a contradictory view was taken by another division bench of the Gujarat HC earlier.
Later, Chief Justice of the high court had ordered the constitution of five-judge bench. Further hearing would continue on Wednesday.