Every Christmas I got new Barbie: Michelle Obama
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
When she was a child, she loved Barbie dolls and used to receive one every Christmas, US First Lady Michelle Obama today American children during a conference call with them when she helped them track Santa.
"When I was little. I loved Barbie dolls. I was a big Barbie doll kid, and every Christmas I got a new Barbie. One year I got the Barbie townhouse and the camper.It was very exciting. I liked everything Barbie," Michelle Obama said.
During a 30 minutes interaction with children over phone on Christmas eve the First Lady was responding to a question on what was her favourite present when she was little.
Michelle, from Hawaii, where she is on family vacation with President Barack Obama, responded to telephone calls from children from across the nation who wanted to know Santa's whereabouts.
"Well, I'm looking at the computer now," she told one Fischer from North Carolina. "There is a satellite that tracks him and it says that he was last spotted in Libya, which is all the way near Africa, in the Middle East. But he's headed for -- he's going to be in Libya for another five or so seconds, and then he's moving on," she said.
"You know how many gifts he's delivered already?" she asked. Fischer said "no". "More than three billion gifts he's already delivered," the First Lady replied.
Michelle located Santa as part of the annual NORAD Tracks Santa programme run by the North American Aerospace Defence Command. The programme began in 1955 after a phone call was made to the Continental Air Defence Command Operations Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The call was from a local youngster who dialled a misprinted number in a local newspaper advertisement. The commander on duty who answered the phone that night gave the youngster the information requested - the whereabouts of Santa.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy