Everything you need to know about Devyani Khobragade's story
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The solution?: There could be a relatively easy way out of the current mess for both Devyani Khobragade and the US State Department.
The US attorney's statement: There has been much misinformation and factual inaccuracy in the reporting on the charges against Devyani Khobragade.
The father suit: Devyani Khobragade is represented in the present suit through her father, Uttam Khobragade, who is also the power-of-attorney holder for his daughter.
The US complaint: According to the complaint against her in the US, Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade had first struck a verbal agreement with Sangeeta Richard and then signed two successive contracts, with a different wage specified in each.
Leading to Devyani's arrest, a verbal deal and 'two contracts by Aneesha Mathur
The domestic help: Sangeeta Richard, whose complaint triggered the events leading to diplomat Devyani Khobragade's arrest, was always keen to work abroad, according to her mother-in-law.
Sangeeta always wanted to work abroad: Mother-in-Law by Ananya Bhardwaj
The father's claim: Uttam Khobragade, father of diplomat Devyani, claims Sangeeta Richard was given full wages and never ill-treated, yet she disappeared without reason.
'$8.75 an hour, including Rs 30,000 a month to husband' by Ananya Bhardwaj
The govt view: The Indian view is that the case against the diplomat was part of an illegal immigration plan by the domestic help.
New Delhi sees immigration plot by Express news service
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express