Eve-teasing victim gets ‘death threats’ from Trinamool leader
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A woman, who was allegedly teased by some Trinamool Congress workers in Barasat on Friday night that led to the arrest of one person, has now told the police that local Trinamool supporters are threatening her to withdraw the complaint.
The woman has named Bakibullah Mollah, a local Trinamool worker, and his two supporters for threatening to kill her if she did not withdraw the complaint.
"Some local youths led by Bakibullah Mollah told me to withdrew my complaint. When I refused to do so, they told me that they will kill me," she said. According to police, the victim, who works with a private BPO company, was returning home on Saturday evening along with male colleagues, when some drunken youths teased them. When the male colleagues protested, the youth beat them up. One of her male colleagues, Sourav Kar, was injured and admitted to Barasat District Hospital.