Voting machine ‘changes vote for Obama to Romney’ in Pennsylvania
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
An electronic voting machine was taken out of service on Tuesday after being captured on video changing a vote for President Barack Obama into one for Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
The footage showed a voter in a polling booth repeatedly attempting to cast his ballot for Obama, only to find the machine ticked Romney's name.
Baffled by the result, the unnamed voter alerted staff at the Pennsylvania voting station to the problem before recording what was happening.
He later posted the video on YouTube, the Telegraph reports.
"I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it (the machine) was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney," he said.
"Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I then called over a volunteer to have a look at it. She said ''it''s nothing to worry about, everything will be OK,'' and went back to what she was doing," he added.