E-Way to Arts
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
At the launch of Osian's new web library and archive ó www.theosianama.com ó in Delhi on Tuesday, Neville Tuli, Chairman of Osian's, spoke passionately about changing a civilisation by making its art and culture available to the public. "This is a 20-year-long journey that came out of a thought: how do you make knowledge on art and culture available to the world?" he remarked. The archive will serve as a search engine-cum-library for nine classifications, which according to Tuli, constitute the entire gamut of artistic and cultural dimensions. "Unlike Wikipedia, which invites everybody to contribute, and Google, which only takes you to a world of information that they are unaware of, we know every inch of our website," he informed. The worlds of antiquities, fine arts, books, cinema, craft, economic data and the events of art and culture, photography and printmaking collaborate to make the website. "It works like an excel sheet ó allowing us to filter and contribute, and provides perfect data that can be used by anybody and everybody. This perfection is what the web lacks today," added Tuli.