E-Way to Arts
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
At the launch of Osian's new web library and archive ó www.theosianama.com ó in Delhi on Tuesday, Neville Tuli, Chairman of Osian's, spoke passionately about changing a civilisation by making its art and culture available to the public. "This is a 20-year-long journey that came out of a thought: how do you make knowledge on art and culture available to the world?" he remarked. The archive will serve as a search engine-cum-library for nine classifications, which according to Tuli, constitute the entire gamut of artistic and cultural dimensions. "Unlike Wikipedia, which invites everybody to contribute, and Google, which only takes you to a world of information that they are unaware of, we know every inch of our website," he informed. The worlds of antiquities, fine arts, books, cinema, craft, economic data and the events of art and culture, photography and printmaking collaborate to make the website. "It works like an excel sheet ó allowing us to filter and contribute, and provides perfect data that can be used by anybody and everybody. This perfection is what the web lacks today," added Tuli.