Ex-Army chief to join farmersí protest today
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Former Army chief V K Singh will join a Parliament gherao agitation by sugarcane farmers at the Jantar Mantar on Tuesday, a statement issued by one of the members of the new Team Anna said on Monday. Singh is a special invitee in the team.
The farmers will protest against Rangarajan Commission report on 'Sugar Sector Regulation'.
"The former Army chief will be part of the gherao. We had written to PM Manmohan Singh giving him time till November 30. We are going ahead with our protest as announced," Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Sangathan convenor V M Singh said.