Ex-BJP MLA kin admits to killing wife over domestic tiff: Police
- 'For 9 months, you have been sitting over names': SC raps Centre on appointment of judges
- Tata Group said to shortlist candidates for next chairman following ouster of Cyrus Mistry
- PM Modi to visit Japan in November, civil nuclear pact high on agenda
- J&K: After nearly 4 hours, Pakistan resumes mortar shelling in R S Pura sector
- Wanted to hit LeT camps in Pakistan after 26/11 strike: Shivshankar Menon
Former Mangrol MLA's nephew Kaleshp Kargathiya has told police that he murdered his wife, a former circus performer, following frequent domestic quarrels. Meanwhile, the police arrested two other persons in connection with the crime. "Kargathiya says he strangled his wife to death due to frequent quarrels. Two persons from Dwarka had helped him in the murder and they have been arrested," police sub-inspector of Madhupur, Vishal Patel, said on Tuesday.
Kalpesh is the nephew of former BJP MLA from Mangrol and now general secretary of Junagadh district BJP, Bhagvanji Kargathiya. He was arrested by police on December 3O after being questioned for almost a week. He was arrested after he led police to a place near seashore in Madhupur where he had buried the body of her wife, Minu alias Kiran Harpal, a former circus performer from Odisha, after killing her on December 22. Police say Kalpesh took her wife out in his van saying they were going for a joyride, but later strangled her to death.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor