Ex-BJP MLA kin admits to killing wife over domestic tiff: Police
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Former Mangrol MLA's nephew Kaleshp Kargathiya has told police that he murdered his wife, a former circus performer, following frequent domestic quarrels. Meanwhile, the police arrested two other persons in connection with the crime. "Kargathiya says he strangled his wife to death due to frequent quarrels. Two persons from Dwarka had helped him in the murder and they have been arrested," police sub-inspector of Madhupur, Vishal Patel, said on Tuesday.
Kalpesh is the nephew of former BJP MLA from Mangrol and now general secretary of Junagadh district BJP, Bhagvanji Kargathiya. He was arrested by police on December 3O after being questioned for almost a week. He was arrested after he led police to a place near seashore in Madhupur where he had buried the body of her wife, Minu alias Kiran Harpal, a former circus performer from Odisha, after killing her on December 22. Police say Kalpesh took her wife out in his van saying they were going for a joyride, but later strangled her to death.
"Kalpesh's cousin Pravin Chudasama and the latter's friend Suresh Zala helped him dispose of Minu's body. Kalpesh had promised the duo Rs 1 lakh for help," the PSI, who is investigating the case, said. Patel said that Chudasama and Zala were residents of Dwarka and that they had been arrested on January 3 and 5 respectively. The trio are in police custody. "After committing the crime, Kalpesh gave his van to an auto consultant to sell it off. However, we have recovered the vehicle and seized it," he said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express