Ex-BJP MLA kin admits to killing wife over domestic tiff: Police
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Former Mangrol MLA's nephew Kaleshp Kargathiya has told police that he murdered his wife, a former circus performer, following frequent domestic quarrels. Meanwhile, the police arrested two other persons in connection with the crime. "Kargathiya says he strangled his wife to death due to frequent quarrels. Two persons from Dwarka had helped him in the murder and they have been arrested," police sub-inspector of Madhupur, Vishal Patel, said on Tuesday.
Kalpesh is the nephew of former BJP MLA from Mangrol and now general secretary of Junagadh district BJP, Bhagvanji Kargathiya. He was arrested by police on December 3O after being questioned for almost a week. He was arrested after he led police to a place near seashore in Madhupur where he had buried the body of her wife, Minu alias Kiran Harpal, a former circus performer from Odisha, after killing her on December 22. Police say Kalpesh took her wife out in his van saying they were going for a joyride, but later strangled her to death.
"Kalpesh's cousin Pravin Chudasama and the latter's friend Suresh Zala helped him dispose of Minu's body. Kalpesh had promised the duo Rs 1 lakh for help," the PSI, who is investigating the case, said. Patel said that Chudasama and Zala were residents of Dwarka and that they had been arrested on January 3 and 5 respectively. The trio are in police custody. "After committing the crime, Kalpesh gave his van to an auto consultant to sell it off. However, we have recovered the vehicle and seized it," he said.