Ex-BJP MLA kin admits to killing wife over domestic tiff: Police
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Former Mangrol MLA's nephew Kaleshp Kargathiya has told police that he murdered his wife, a former circus performer, following frequent domestic quarrels. Meanwhile, the police arrested two other persons in connection with the crime. "Kargathiya says he strangled his wife to death due to frequent quarrels. Two persons from Dwarka had helped him in the murder and they have been arrested," police sub-inspector of Madhupur, Vishal Patel, said on Tuesday.
Kalpesh is the nephew of former BJP MLA from Mangrol and now general secretary of Junagadh district BJP, Bhagvanji Kargathiya. He was arrested by police on December 3O after being questioned for almost a week. He was arrested after he led police to a place near seashore in Madhupur where he had buried the body of her wife, Minu alias Kiran Harpal, a former circus performer from Odisha, after killing her on December 22. Police say Kalpesh took her wife out in his van saying they were going for a joyride, but later strangled her to death.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities