Excise dept collects Rs 11,368.8 crore revenue
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Haryana's Excise and Taxation Department has collected revenue of over Rs 11368.8 crore till October 2012 during the current financial year. It is 12.5 per cent higher as compared to the corresponding period of the last financial year. More than Rs 10,105.2 crore was collected during the same period during the last financial year. "Collection of Value Added Tax till October 2012 was more than Rs 8159.4 crore, which was 17.02 per cent more as compared to the corresponding period last year," said Kiran Choudhry, Haryana Excise and Taxation Minister.
CM reiterates demand for seperate HC
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday reiterated his demand for a separate High Court for Haryana. While interacting with advocates, Hooda said he would continue to strive to get a separate High Court for the state.
Date for agricultural implements extended
Chandigarh: The Haryana Agriculture Department has extended the last date for submitting applications to get subsidy on agricultural implements to February 28, 2013 from
November 7, 2012. However, the last date could be preponed on achieving the set targets.
A state government's spokesman said, "The department provides 50 per cent subsidy on all prescribed agricultural implements".
E-pension likely to begin, again
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has empanelled 12 banks for disbursement of pension through the e-pension system. "Pensioner or family pensioner will be free to opt for any of the empanelled banks to start a pension or family pension account. The bank branch could be located anywhere in India," a government's spokesperson said.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun