Excise dept collects Rs 11,368.8 crore revenue
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Haryana's Excise and Taxation Department has collected revenue of over Rs 11368.8 crore till October 2012 during the current financial year. It is 12.5 per cent higher as compared to the corresponding period of the last financial year. More than Rs 10,105.2 crore was collected during the same period during the last financial year. "Collection of Value Added Tax till October 2012 was more than Rs 8159.4 crore, which was 17.02 per cent more as compared to the corresponding period last year," said Kiran Choudhry, Haryana Excise and Taxation Minister.
CM reiterates demand for seperate HC
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday reiterated his demand for a separate High Court for Haryana. While interacting with advocates, Hooda said he would continue to strive to get a separate High Court for the state.
Date for agricultural implements extended
Chandigarh: The Haryana Agriculture Department has extended the last date for submitting applications to get subsidy on agricultural implements to February 28, 2013 from
November 7, 2012. However, the last date could be preponed on achieving the set targets.
A state government's spokesman said, "The department provides 50 per cent subsidy on all prescribed agricultural implements".
E-pension likely to begin, again
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has empanelled 12 banks for disbursement of pension through the e-pension system. "Pensioner or family pensioner will be free to opt for any of the empanelled banks to start a pension or family pension account. The bank branch could be located anywhere in India," a government's spokesperson said.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post