Ex-CM Solanki hospitalised, Modi pays a visit
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Former Union external affairs minister and four-time Chief Minister Madhavsinh Solanki was on Wednesday admitted to U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre in the city after he complained of chest pain, but doctors said his condition was stable.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi and state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia were among the top politicians who visited Solanki in the hospital.
"Madhavsinh Solanki was brought to the hospital in the morning after he complained of breathing complications," Resident Medical Officer Kaushik Brahmbhatt said.
He is also a diabetes patient. Stating that Solanki's condition was stable, the hospital authorities said he underwent coronary angiography after admission.
Madhavsinh Solanki, born in Jambusar in Bharuch district on July 29, 1927, holds the record of winning the highest number of seats (149 out of 182) in the history of Gujarat Assembly elections.
His son, Bharatsinh Solanki, is MP from Anand and Union Drinking Water and Sanitation Minister.