Ex-CM Solanki hospitalised, Modi pays a visit
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Former Union external affairs minister and four-time Chief Minister Madhavsinh Solanki was on Wednesday admitted to U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre in the city after he complained of chest pain, but doctors said his condition was stable.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi and state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia were among the top politicians who visited Solanki in the hospital.
"Madhavsinh Solanki was brought to the hospital in the morning after he complained of breathing complications," Resident Medical Officer Kaushik Brahmbhatt said.
He is also a diabetes patient. Stating that Solanki's condition was stable, the hospital authorities said he underwent coronary angiography after admission.
Madhavsinh Solanki, born in Jambusar in Bharuch district on July 29, 1927, holds the record of winning the highest number of seats (149 out of 182) in the history of Gujarat Assembly elections.
His son, Bharatsinh Solanki, is MP from Anand and Union Drinking Water and Sanitation Minister.