Ex-DMK MP Kuppusamy dies at 86
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Former member of Parliament from the DMK and party's trade union leader S Kuppusamy died here on Friday, party sources said. Kuppusamy (86) was not keeping well for sometime, the sources said. The DMK high command announced three-day mourning and postponement of various party-related activities.
The former MP from north Chennai, Kuppusamy was leader of the trade union wing of the DMK, Labour Progressive Front. Kuppusamy, who had been elected to the Lok Sabha thrice, is survived by wife and two sons, the sources said.