Ex-DMK MP Kuppusamy dies at 86
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Former member of Parliament from the DMK and party's trade union leader S Kuppusamy died here on Friday, party sources said. Kuppusamy (86) was not keeping well for sometime, the sources said. The DMK high command announced three-day mourning and postponement of various party-related activities.
The former MP from north Chennai, Kuppusamy was leader of the trade union wing of the DMK, Labour Progressive Front. Kuppusamy, who had been elected to the Lok Sabha thrice, is survived by wife and two sons, the sources said.