Ex-DMK MP Kuppusamy dies at 86
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Former member of Parliament from the DMK and party's trade union leader S Kuppusamy died here on Friday, party sources said. Kuppusamy (86) was not keeping well for sometime, the sources said. The DMK high command announced three-day mourning and postponement of various party-related activities.
The former MP from north Chennai, Kuppusamy was leader of the trade union wing of the DMK, Labour Progressive Front. Kuppusamy, who had been elected to the Lok Sabha thrice, is survived by wife and two sons, the sources said.