Ex-DMK MP Kuppusamy dies at 86
- Committed to peace, but will react to unprovoked firing: Foreign secy
- US: 5 dead, including gunman, in Tennessee military facilities shootings
- Net Neutrality report by DoT: The key recommendations that need to be noted
- Efforts on to secure release of Indian held in China: officials
- 'Not at fault', replies UP cop Amitabh Thakur to chargesheet
Former member of Parliament from the DMK and party's trade union leader S Kuppusamy died here on Friday, party sources said. Kuppusamy (86) was not keeping well for sometime, the sources said. The DMK high command announced three-day mourning and postponement of various party-related activities.
The former MP from north Chennai, Kuppusamy was leader of the trade union wing of the DMK, Labour Progressive Front. Kuppusamy, who had been elected to the Lok Sabha thrice, is survived by wife and two sons, the sources said.