Execute Afzal Guru, says Digvijay Singh
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said here today that he favoured execution of death penalty awarded to Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
"I am in favour of the execution of capital punishment to Afzal Guru," he told reporters at his ancestral town, Raghoharh in Guna district.
He, however, said that the decision on the execution would only be taken after the disposal of Guru's mercy plea.
The senior Congress leader accused the BJP of adopting double standards on the issue of capital punishment.
Singh alleged that while on the one hand the saffron party wanted Guru to be hanged, on the other, it was demanding remission in capital punishment awarded to the extremists of Punjab.