Execute Afzal Guru, says Digvijay Singh
- Fresh tremors felt in Nepal as death toll crosses 4,000 mark
- Nepal Earthquake: At Kathmandu Airport, a bit of panic, a lot of paranthas and puri
- Paid Rs 320 for a bottle of water, Nepal quake survivors recall the horror
- Nepal earthquake: First hand account from a mountaineer
- Even moderate tremors can cause heavy casualties in Delhi: Experts
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said here today that he favoured execution of death penalty awarded to Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
"I am in favour of the execution of capital punishment to Afzal Guru," he told reporters at his ancestral town, Raghoharh in Guna district.
He, however, said that the decision on the execution would only be taken after the disposal of Guru's mercy plea.
The senior Congress leader accused the BJP of adopting double standards on the issue of capital punishment.
Singh alleged that while on the one hand the saffron party wanted Guru to be hanged, on the other, it was demanding remission in capital punishment awarded to the extremists of Punjab.