Execute Afzal Guru, says Digvijay Singh
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said here today that he favoured execution of death penalty awarded to Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
"I am in favour of the execution of capital punishment to Afzal Guru," he told reporters at his ancestral town, Raghoharh in Guna district.
He, however, said that the decision on the execution would only be taken after the disposal of Guru's mercy plea.
The senior Congress leader accused the BJP of adopting double standards on the issue of capital punishment.
Singh alleged that while on the one hand the saffron party wanted Guru to be hanged, on the other, it was demanding remission in capital punishment awarded to the extremists of Punjab.