Execution of rapists in public, ‘sober’ dress for girls: Clerics
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Congress-RJD pact likely today; Kerala Guv resigns, may contest
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Execution of rapists in full public glare, abolition of co-education and "sober and dignified" dress for girls are among the 11 suggestions made by Jamaat-e-Islami Hind to Justice (retd) J S Verma Committee on ensuring safety and security to women.
In a statement, JIH said it welcomed the government's decision to set up committees to review the present anti-rape law and find out measures to make the society safe for the women against the backdrop of the gangrape of a 23-year-old in Delhi.