Execution of rapists in public, ‘sober’ dress for girls: Clerics
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Execution of rapists in full public glare, abolition of co-education and "sober and dignified" dress for girls are among the 11 suggestions made by Jamaat-e-Islami Hind to Justice (retd) J S Verma Committee on ensuring safety and security to women.
In a statement, JIH said it welcomed the government's decision to set up committees to review the present anti-rape law and find out measures to make the society safe for the women against the backdrop of the gangrape of a 23-year-old in Delhi.