Execution of rapists in public, ‘sober’ dress for girls: Clerics
- Arvind Kejriwal offers to resign as AAP national convener
- Will fix responsibility, assures Rajnath Singh as House debates Dec 16 gangrape documentary
- Setback for Ashok Chavan, HC refuses dropping his name from Adarsh scam accused list
- Reserve Bank of India cuts interest rate by 25 basis points
- Biggest ever spectrum auction begins; govt eyeing over Rs 80K-cr revenue
Execution of rapists in full public glare, abolition of co-education and "sober and dignified" dress for girls are among the 11 suggestions made by Jamaat-e-Islami Hind to Justice (retd) J S Verma Committee on ensuring safety and security to women.
In a statement, JIH said it welcomed the government's decision to set up committees to review the present anti-rape law and find out measures to make the society safe for the women against the backdrop of the gangrape of a 23-year-old in Delhi.