Ex-employee arrested for murder of woman, child
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A former employee of the builder, whose wife and daughter where found murdered in their Rohini home on Thursday, was arrested on Friday.
Police said Nadeem slit the throat of Yasmin (35) and Sophia (5) and burnt Yasmin's body before fleeing. He reportedly worked for Yasmin's husband, Aslam Ali. He knew that Aslam kept large amounts of cash in the house and decide to steal the money, police said.
During questioning, Nadeem told police that Yasmin let him into the house and later went to the washroom. "Nadeem entered the bedroom to take the cash and the five-year-old caught him. Before she could raise the alarm, he slit her throat with a knife," DCP (Outer) BS Jaiswal said.
He then killed Yasmin in a similar manner. Police said Nadeem set fire to the bodies and fled with Rs 1,25,000 and a mobile phone. A case of robbery and murder has been registered against Nadeem.
(Reported by Siddhant Kapoor and Tushar Kulkarni — students of EXIMS)
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress