Ex-employee arrested for murder of woman, child
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
A former employee of the builder, whose wife and daughter where found murdered in their Rohini home on Thursday, was arrested on Friday.
Police said Nadeem slit the throat of Yasmin (35) and Sophia (5) and burnt Yasmin's body before fleeing. He reportedly worked for Yasmin's husband, Aslam Ali. He knew that Aslam kept large amounts of cash in the house and decide to steal the money, police said.
During questioning, Nadeem told police that Yasmin let him into the house and later went to the washroom. "Nadeem entered the bedroom to take the cash and the five-year-old caught him. Before she could raise the alarm, he slit her throat with a knife," DCP (Outer) BS Jaiswal said.
He then killed Yasmin in a similar manner. Police said Nadeem set fire to the bodies and fled with Rs 1,25,000 and a mobile phone. A case of robbery and murder has been registered against Nadeem.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities