Ex-employee arrested for murder of woman, child
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
A former employee of the builder, whose wife and daughter where found murdered in their Rohini home on Thursday, was arrested on Friday.
Police said Nadeem slit the throat of Yasmin (35) and Sophia (5) and burnt Yasmin's body before fleeing. He reportedly worked for Yasmin's husband, Aslam Ali. He knew that Aslam kept large amounts of cash in the house and decide to steal the money, police said.
During questioning, Nadeem told police that Yasmin let him into the house and later went to the washroom. "Nadeem entered the bedroom to take the cash and the five-year-old caught him. Before she could raise the alarm, he slit her throat with a knife," DCP (Outer) BS Jaiswal said.
He then killed Yasmin in a similar manner. Police said Nadeem set fire to the bodies and fled with Rs 1,25,000 and a mobile phone. A case of robbery and murder has been registered against Nadeem.
(Reported by Siddhant Kapoor and Tushar Kulkarni — students of EXIMS)