Exhibition on water conservation from Thursday
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
To create awareness about the need for water conservation, SIES High School along with Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and others is organising an exhibition — 'Water is Life' — on its premises and Indian Gymkhana Grounds.
The exhibition, to be held from November 29 to December 2, will feature lectures on water harvesting, purification, desalination and water resources and showcase documentaries, canvas paintings and posters. It will also feature an exhibition by the Maharashtra Department of Posts on rare stamps. V Shankar, president, SIES, said water collected from various rivers in India will also be put on display.
Special awards will be handed to Rajendra Singh, known as the 'Water Man of India' and Magsaysay winner, Hiware Bazaar village, which through its watershed development programmes renewed its ground water and Prakash Limaye, retired BMC engineer who redirected the overflow from Modak Sagar to Tansa lake and saved 50 million gallons of water per day.
The exhibition will be inaugurated by R Chidambaram, Principal Scientific Advisor to the Prime Minister and Dr K Kasturirangan, member, Planning Commission.