Ex-IAS, son booked for dowry death
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Police on Friday booked former IAS officer Vinod Shankar Chaubey and his son Patanjali for allegedly harassing the latter's wife for dowry and forcing her to commit suicide.
Puneeta (30) had allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Vibhuti Khand police station area on Wednesday evening. Police lodged the FIR on Friday after a complaint was submitted by her father Om Prakash Shukla.
Station Officer, Vibhuti Khand, Anil Yadav said Puneeta committed suicide by hanging herself in her bedroom. A suicide note has been recovered in which she claimed that she took the extreme step on her own will and her family members should not be harassed for her death.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance