Ex-IAS, son booked for dowry death
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Police on Friday booked former IAS officer Vinod Shankar Chaubey and his son Patanjali for allegedly harassing the latter's wife for dowry and forcing her to commit suicide.
Puneeta (30) had allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Vibhuti Khand police station area on Wednesday evening. Police lodged the FIR on Friday after a complaint was submitted by her father Om Prakash Shukla.
Station Officer, Vibhuti Khand, Anil Yadav said Puneeta committed suicide by hanging herself in her bedroom. A suicide note has been recovered in which she claimed that she took the extreme step on her own will and her family members should not be harassed for her death.
However, Puneeta's brother Prayag Shukla alleged that her husband and father-in-law were harassing his sister. He alleged that his sister's husband and father-in-law constantly tortured her and this drove her to suicide. Chaubey denied the allegations.