Ex-IAS, son booked for dowry death
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Police on Friday booked former IAS officer Vinod Shankar Chaubey and his son Patanjali for allegedly harassing the latter's wife for dowry and forcing her to commit suicide.
Puneeta (30) had allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Vibhuti Khand police station area on Wednesday evening. Police lodged the FIR on Friday after a complaint was submitted by her father Om Prakash Shukla.
Station Officer, Vibhuti Khand, Anil Yadav said Puneeta committed suicide by hanging herself in her bedroom. A suicide note has been recovered in which she claimed that she took the extreme step on her own will and her family members should not be harassed for her death.
However, Puneeta's brother Prayag Shukla alleged that her husband and father-in-law were harassing his sister. He alleged that his sister's husband and father-in-law constantly tortured her and this drove her to suicide. Chaubey denied the allegations.