Ex-JD(U) minister named in killing of village chief in Bihar
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
A case has been registered against four persons, including a former ruling JD(U) minister, in the killing of Ichri gram panchayat chief in Bhojpur district. FIR has been lodged with Ayar police station against ex-minister Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha, a former mukhiya Nathuni Yadav and his two sons, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Shahabad Ajitabh Kumar said.
The FIR was registered on the statement of the deceased's father Gupteshwar Singh, the DIG said adding the ex-minister has been named a conspirator in the case.No arrest has been made so far, the DIG said adding the reason behind the killing was yet not known. Mukhiya Binod Singh was shot dead by unidentifiedassailants last night at Ichri village in Jagdishpur sub-division when he was returning home.
The deceased was heading the Bhojpur district unit of Akhil Bhartiya Rashtriya Kisan Mahasangh (ABRKM), a body of upper caste landlords. The opposition RJD today demanded a CBI inquiry into the killing of the Gram Panchayat chief.