Ex-JD(U) minister named in killing of village chief in Bihar
A case has been registered against four persons, including a former ruling JD(U) minister, in the killing of Ichri gram panchayat chief in Bhojpur district. FIR has been lodged with Ayar police station against ex-minister Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha, a former mukhiya Nathuni Yadav and his two sons, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Shahabad Ajitabh Kumar said.
The FIR was registered on the statement of the deceased's father Gupteshwar Singh, the DIG said adding the ex-minister has been named a conspirator in the case.No arrest has been made so far, the DIG said adding the reason behind the killing was yet not known. Mukhiya Binod Singh was shot dead by unidentifiedassailants last night at Ichri village in Jagdishpur sub-division when he was returning home.
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself
- Not much time left for Modi's 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Let's admit, India among countries with highest levels of religious tolerance
- Inside Track: L K Advani's birthday business
- Bihar: what happened and why