Ex-JD(U) minister named in killing of village chief in Bihar
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
A case has been registered against four persons, including a former ruling JD(U) minister, in the killing of Ichri gram panchayat chief in Bhojpur district. FIR has been lodged with Ayar police station against ex-minister Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha, a former mukhiya Nathuni Yadav and his two sons, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Shahabad Ajitabh Kumar said.
The FIR was registered on the statement of the deceased's father Gupteshwar Singh, the DIG said adding the ex-minister has been named a conspirator in the case.No arrest has been made so far, the DIG said adding the reason behind the killing was yet not known. Mukhiya Binod Singh was shot dead by unidentifiedassailants last night at Ichri village in Jagdishpur sub-division when he was returning home.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might