Ex-minister who triggered Jagan arrest held
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Former minister Dr Shankara Rao, whose complaint to Andhra Pradesh High Court led to the CBI inquiry and subsequent arrest of YSR Congress chief — and Kadapa MP — Y S Jaganmohan Reddy for amassing wealth illegally, was on Thursday arrested in a land-grabbing case.
Last October, the High Court had vacated a stay on his arrest after a complaint was filed against him in Malkajgiri police station that Rao used his influence to grab prime land in Greenfield Colony. Rao, who is MLA from Secunderabad (Cantt), had been evading arrest citing ill-health.
Residents of Greenfield Colony, a cooperative, had lodged a complaint that over 800 plots were grabbed by Rao, his brother Dayananda Rao and their associates on the basis of forged documents which showed them as owners.
Reddy remand extended till Feb 14
A special CBI court here Thursday extended till February 14, the judicial remand of Jagan and other accused in the alleged disproportionate assets case. PTI
- Priest Murder Case: Two more priests take narco test
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal