EX-MPís son found dead, cops suspect suicide
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Siddhant Mohol (31), son of former MP Ashok Mohol, was found dead at their house in Navi Peth on Thursday afternoon. Police suspect Mohol committed suicide by stabbing himself in the chest.
Vishrambag police said Mohol's driver Pradip Borge and another staffer Raju Shinde saw an injured Siddharth and rushed him to a private hospital nearby where he was declared dead on arrival.
Arjun Sakunde, senior inspector with the Vishrambaug police station, said, "The family members have told us that Siddharth was suffering from certain psychological problems. He was under medical treatment for his condition."
Police said Ashok Mohol had gone to Mumbai for some work. His wife and younger son Ajinkya were home. "In the afternoon, he suddenly took out a knife and injured himself in the chest," Sakunde added.