EX-MPís son found dead, cops suspect suicide
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
Siddhant Mohol (31), son of former MP Ashok Mohol, was found dead at their house in Navi Peth on Thursday afternoon. Police suspect Mohol committed suicide by stabbing himself in the chest.
Vishrambag police said Mohol's driver Pradip Borge and another staffer Raju Shinde saw an injured Siddharth and rushed him to a private hospital nearby where he was declared dead on arrival.
Arjun Sakunde, senior inspector with the Vishrambaug police station, said, "The family members have told us that Siddharth was suffering from certain psychological problems. He was under medical treatment for his condition."
Police said Ashok Mohol had gone to Mumbai for some work. His wife and younger son Ajinkya were home. "In the afternoon, he suddenly took out a knife and injured himself in the chest," Sakunde added.
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships