Ex-Olympian runner killed in Arizona plane crash
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says poverty is a 'tourist destination' for Rahul
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
The wife of two-time Olympic distance runner Pat Porter confirms her husband, her 15-year-old son and her son's friend died in a fiery plane crash in Sedona, Arizona.
Trish Porter said Friday that her 53-year-old husband was piloting the plane that crashed on takeoff Thursday.
The Beech B-60 was registered to Porter, but the family and authorities declined to immediately confirm the victims' identities.
Trish Porter says her son Connor and his 14-year-old Albuquerque Academy classmate Connor Mantsch were also on the plane.
Porter competed in the 10,000-meter run at the 1984 and 1988 Olympic Games. He was a track star at Evergreen High School and Adams State University in Colorado.
Trish Porter is also a former Olympian. She met Pat during a pre-Olympic training camp for the 1988 Seoul Olympics.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota