Experts confirm Leonardo da Vinci painted another Mona Lisa
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
The Zurich institute carried out a carbon-dating test on the canvas of its painting and found that it was almost certainly manufactured between 1410 and 1455 – refuting claims that it was a late 16th century copy, the Foundation added.
Supporters of the 'younger' version say the portrait was almost certainly delivered unfinished to del Giacondo before Leonardo left Italy in 1506 and took up residence in France, where he died in 1519 in a small Loire chateau.