Experts confirm Leonardo da Vinci painted another Mona Lisa
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
The Zurich institute carried out a carbon-dating test on the canvas of its painting and found that it was almost certainly manufactured between 1410 and 1455 – refuting claims that it was a late 16th century copy, the Foundation added.
Supporters of the 'younger' version say the portrait was almost certainly delivered unfinished to del Giacondo before Leonardo left Italy in 1506 and took up residence in France, where he died in 1519 in a small Loire chateau.