Explosion at Tata Steel plant, 11 hurt
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
An explosion at the Tata Steel plant in Jamshedpur on Thursday afternoon left 11 workers injured. One of the injured has been moved to the Critical Care Unit of the Tata Main Hospital.
"There was an explosion at the LD gas holder at the plant at about 3.30 pm. The facility has been isolated. The rest of the plant has continued working. It is too early to talk about the reasons for the blast," said Prabhat Sharma, spokesperson for the company. Movement of employees inside the factory and near the explosion site has been restricted, he added.
The injuries were caused by splinters and not due to the explosion or gas emission, he said, adding all employees in the vicinity of the accident site were taken out safely.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police (City), Karthik S said the injuries were caused by splinters and not due to the explosion or gas emission, adding all employees in the vicinity of the accident site were taken out safely.