Express 5: A reminder for the Army and some rewritten military history
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
REMINDING THE ARMY: Acting on an inquiry report into the functioning of a controversial Military Intelligence unit set up by former Army Chief V K Singh, the Ministry of Defence has reminded the Army about its limited mandate of intelligence gathering and emphasising the rules for creation and restructuring of units.
Any new unit needs our OK: MoD to Army by Manu Pubby
JAIL, NOT BAIL: Exiled in Delhi, tribal teacher Soni Sori and her nephew Lingaram Kodapi, both accused in the Essar-Maoists payoffs case, spend their days meeting activists, students and reading Marx among other things. They tell Ashutosh Bhardwaj 'This isn't bail, we are still living in jail'
MIDNIGHT BOUNCER: In Jammu for a Ranji Trophy game against Hyderabad, the Jammu and Kashmir cricket team were reportedly woken up by the police at around 1 am on Tuesday and questioned. The police were apparently conducting searches after a tip-off that a suspected militant had been sighted.
J&K Ranji team get midnight knock, police say looking for 'militant' by Arun Sharma & Devendra Pandey
PAKISTAN, 1971: Khaled Ahmed explains how over the years, the Pakistani media has taken to mixing the message about their Bangladesh debacle. It now balances the short-term culpability of India with the long-term culpability of Pakistan.
SPECIAL TO THE EXPRESS: South African cricket writer Telford Vice says how Jacques Kallis has been the eerily calm centre of the storm that tends to envelope the South African team. "He speaks little and does much. He is a reliable reader of opponents' strengths and weaknesses, but he hardly seems to notice their presence."
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties