Express 5: AAP slams all while Anna bats for his own statue
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
A selection of five exclusive Indian Express stories you must read before starting your day:
1. MORE TROUBLE: If cattle rode scooters to facilitate the fodder scam in Bihar, claims that two-wheelers and an oil tanker were used to transport tonnes of apples from Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh's orchards could give a fresh twist to the alleged bribery scandal surrounding his tenure as a Union minister.
Virbhadra's apples worth crores went by scooters and oil tanker, finds I-T
2. AAP SLAMS ALL: As Congress and BJP locked horns over Manmohan Singh's comment that Narendra Modi's ascension to the PM chair would be "disastrous" for the country, Aam Aadmi Party in a statement said it would be disastrous if the country was forced to choose between Modi and Rahul Gandhi.
Both Modi, Rahul disastrous for country: AAP
3. NAILING CORRUPTION: Days after social activist Arvind Kejriwal became chief minister, the Delhi government has asked Delhi Police to immediately transfer over 40 senior investigators to the government's Anti-Corruption Branch.
Kejriwal seeks 40 new anti-graft officers, reports Prawesh Lama
4. NATIONAL INTEREST: The AAP has succeeded in building an entirely new politics simply by being unlike politicians. In manner, style, method and speech, they are unlike any politicians you are familiar with. This is its biggest and most positive impact.
Shekhar Gupta on the battle which is AAP versus VIP
5. BATTING FOR SELF: Anna Hazare has asked BJP chief Rajnath Singh to rein in a party leader in Haryana who is apparently creating problems for one of Hazare's supporters who wants to install his statue in Gurgaon.