Express 5: An injunction never delivered, a costly kidnapping and an expensive art piece
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
DEVYANI KHOBRAGADE'S defence might argue that the Delhi High Court has issued an injunction restraining her former maid Sangeeta Richard from filing any proceedings outside India, but Richard is legally unaware of the injunction, because the court notice has not reached her yet.
Injunction doesn't reach Sangeeta, HC hearing hours after US begins action by Aneesha Mathur in Today's paper
That might seem like a story from a decade back. But Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has ordered a probe after a Surat businessman alleged the involvement of "some Bihar politicians and policemen" in the kidnapping of his son, who was later released for a ransom of Rs 25 crore.
'Some Bihar politicians, policemen' under scanner in kidnap case Kamaal Saiyed and Santosh Singh piece together the story in Today's paper
Sixteen years on, those projecting themselves as custodians of basic and fundamental expectations of a woman, be it a Tehelka, the Supreme Court of India or even the state, have barely, if at all, complied with Vishaka. By doing nothing, such institutions foster hostile sexual environments.
ALL FOGGED OUT: It is not just flights that the fog is affecting in North India. Anil Sasi reports how the northern electricity grid had a close call with transient faults caused under dense fog conditions leading to outages in 18 transmission lines.
INDIAN TREASURE TROVE: Vasudeo S Gaitonde's untitled work was expected to fetch a maximum of Rs 8.5 crore, but it raked in almost three times that amount as buyers spent Rs 102 crore at a Christie's auction for Indian art.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer