- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Name:Robin Sharma (32) & Reena sharma (31)
Resident of Shimla
Profession: Plant Head in a FMCG Company
Net annual income
(Rs 10.80 lakh)
Status & goals
Robin and Reena are from Bangalore but have moved to Shimla due to Robin's job. The two are expecting their first child soon. Currently, they stay in a rented accommodation but they like the hills, so they would like to purchase a house there. Robin also wants to study further and would like to make provisions for the same. Robin's parents stay in Bangalore and are financially independent. Robin wants a systematic financial plan to avoid any pitfalls in the future. Robin expects 10% p.a increase in his annual after tax income.
A financial roadmap which can help Robin and Reena maintain a smooth married life and a secure retirement.
Net monthly surplus
Savings Account : Rs 2 Lakh
Bank FD : Rs 1 lakh
Emergency fund: No investment has started yet, so sufficient liquidity is there in saving account which can be used in an emergency.
Life insurance: Robin doesn't have any life insurance policy
Health Insurance: He has health insurance coverage of Rs 3 lakh from employer
Investments: No investment. Whatever he has saved is in bank deposits
Provident fund: Due to new job, very less accumulation in Provident fund
Emergency fund: Robin needs to keep Rs 80,000 in his saving account and maintain it as an emergency fund.
Express TIP: Emergency fund carries utmost importance and helps in managing contingencies like health problems or job loss.
Life Insurance: Robin does not have any life insurance coverage. As per needs based analysis he should be having Insurance coverage of at least Rs 1.50 crore. It is advisable to buy this through online term plans which would cost around Rs 21,000 p.a
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'