Expressway ready: Jaypee team tells UP officials
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
In order to settle pending issues with the state government and ensure early inauguration of the 165-km-long Yamuna Expressway, a team of senior officers of Jaypee Group led by Manoj Gaur, Chief Executive Officer of Jaypee Infratech Ltd, met senior government officials today.
With photographs of the completed expressway taken at every 10 km, the team made presentation before the officials, including Industrial Development Commissioner of UP, claiming that the project has been completed and is ready for inauguration.
However, the state government has told the group that only official communication from the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) about completion of the project after taking up detailed inspection would be acceptable and further steps would be taken only after this.
Three main issues were raised during the meeting today: apart from discussing the issue of fixing toll fee and speed limit for the expressway, Jaypee Group has also requested intervention of the government to hand over balance land of about 80-90 hectare in Tappal, where 283 farmers have refused to part away with their land. As per the data made available by the Group, about Rs 5.74 crore of crop compensation has been given to such farmers since July 2010 but still the issue has not been settled.
The group also informed that in all Rs 345 crore has been paid to the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority in the past three years to acquire 522 hectare of land in Tappal, Kripalpur, Jahangarh, Kansera and Jikarpur villages of Tappal block in Aligarh district. According to the presentation made by the group, out of the total hectare of land allotted to the group for development in Tappal, agreement with the farmers have been signed on 417 hectare of land only.
Moreover, the Jaypee group has informed that toll fee structure calculated as per UP Expressway (Levy of Tolls and Fixing of Fees and Realisation there of) rules 2010, has already been submitted to the Yamuna Expressway Authority. Not only this, according to the senior officials of Jaypee Group even the speed limit of 100km per hour for light vehicles and 60 km per hour for heavy vehicles has also been planned by concessionaire and YEIDA.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready