Expressway till Gurgaon to come under CCTV surveillance
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
DGSCL officials said though no specific instructions have come to them from police in Delhi and Gurgaon, they have decided personnel will keep a lookout for vehicles, plying with tinted glass or drawn curtains.
"The staff have been asked to immediately bring such vehicles to the notice of seniors who in turn will notify police," a senior company official said.
Gurgaon police too have upped security checks.
A police officer said they will maintain proper records of vehicles and drivers and will crack down on vehicles with tinted glasses and curtains.
DCP (West) Sunder Pal Singh told Newsline: "We have already conducted meetings with transporters to ensure that all their drivers and other staff are verified."