Ex-sarpanch murder: CBI searches Cong MLA, former House secy
- Indian Mujahideen Indian commander Tehseen Akhtar arrested, India calls it a 'huge success against terror'
- Sealed envelope contains 'serious allegations', Srinivasan must step down for fair probe, says SC
- After eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varansi
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 ended in the Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: DMK expels Alagiri; eggs, ink thrown at Kejriwal in Varanasi
CBI teams on Tuesday raided the residences of former Haryana transport minister O P Jain and former chief parliamentary secretary Zile Ram Sharma in connection with the murder of Karam Singh — former sarpanch of Kambopura village in Karnal.
Both have been accused of accepting bribe from Karam Singh for getting his relatives government jobs and subsequently playing a role in his murder. While Sharma is the Congress MLA from Assandh, Jain had won as an Independent candidate from Panipat in the last Assembly elections.
CBI teams searched Jain's residences at Sector 7 in Chandigarh and Panipat's Model Town and Sharma's residences in Panchkula and Assandh (Karnal). "We had sent the teams to search the houses for any clue, which can give us a lead to solve Karam Singh's murder. There was no particular thing that we were looking for," DIG (CBI) Mahesh Aggarwal said.
- Indian Mujahideen operative’s trainer suspected to be same man named by Headley
- Cong won’t contest Mainpuri, Kannauj
- ‘It seems like a re-birth, I never expected to see my family again’
- Dev’s rape analogy draws widespread criticism
- Nigerian murdered by compatriot in Kondhwa society
- Pune’s TDR king lists assets worth mere Rs 4.5 crore, has no vehicle