Ex-SSP granted bail in graft case
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday granted bail to former Ferozepur SSP Gurcharan Singh Pherurai and also admitted his appeal. The court of Justice Ranjit Singh granted him the bail.
Pheruari had filed an appeal challenging the two-year jail sentence awarded to him by a Patiala court after he was found guilty of
paying a bribe of Rs 70 lakh to former chairman of Punjab Public Service Commission, Ravinderpal Singh Sidhu, to get his daughter, Kuljeet Kaur, selected as a Punjab Civil Services officer in 2002.