Ex-SSP granted bail in graft case
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday granted bail to former Ferozepur SSP Gurcharan Singh Pherurai and also admitted his appeal. The court of Justice Ranjit Singh granted him the bail.
Pheruari had filed an appeal challenging the two-year jail sentence awarded to him by a Patiala court after he was found guilty of
paying a bribe of Rs 70 lakh to former chairman of Punjab Public Service Commission, Ravinderpal Singh Sidhu, to get his daughter, Kuljeet Kaur, selected as a Punjab Civil Services officer in 2002.