Ex-SSP granted bail in graft case
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday granted bail to former Ferozepur SSP Gurcharan Singh Pherurai and also admitted his appeal. The court of Justice Ranjit Singh granted him the bail.
Pheruari had filed an appeal challenging the two-year jail sentence awarded to him by a Patiala court after he was found guilty of
paying a bribe of Rs 70 lakh to former chairman of Punjab Public Service Commission, Ravinderpal Singh Sidhu, to get his daughter, Kuljeet Kaur, selected as a Punjab Civil Services officer in 2002.