Ex-SSP granted bail in graft case
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday granted bail to former Ferozepur SSP Gurcharan Singh Pherurai and also admitted his appeal. The court of Justice Ranjit Singh granted him the bail.
Pheruari had filed an appeal challenging the two-year jail sentence awarded to him by a Patiala court after he was found guilty of
paying a bribe of Rs 70 lakh to former chairman of Punjab Public Service Commission, Ravinderpal Singh Sidhu, to get his daughter, Kuljeet Kaur, selected as a Punjab Civil Services officer in 2002.