Ex-staffer accuses Akal Sahai Academy principal of rape
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Gurbachan Singh, principal and owner of Akal Sahai Academy which runs a high school, has been booked by Shimlapuri police for raping his former employee who later owned a canteen in the school.
Gurbachan is 70 years old while the woman is in her mid-30s. She is a divorcee and has two kids.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman, she was initially working as a Class IV employee in the school. Later, Gurbachan helped her in opening a canteen. She alleged that he established physical relationship with her with a promise to marry her, but he just kept on exploiting her. She ran the canteen till early 2010. Later, Gurbachan expelled her out of the school.
Interestingly, the case is two years old, but the woman lodged the complaint a few days back only.
Police conducted an inquiry and registered a case against Gurbachan on Wednesday. Shimlapuri SHO Jaswinder Singh said the police raided the house of the accused, but so far he had not been arrested.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18