Ex-staffer accuses Akal Sahai Academy principal of rape
- Shiv Sena calls BJP arrogant, threatens to pull out of Maharashtra govt; Fadnavis dismisses it as 'drama'
- Esther Anuhya rape case: Chandrabhan Sanap sentenced to death for raping, killing techie
- Sedition charge against Tamil folk singer for anti-Jayalalithaa song
- Moody's to Modi: Control BJP members or risk losing credibility
- Fire that killed Dalit kids started in room, not outside: Forensics
Gurbachan Singh, principal and owner of Akal Sahai Academy which runs a high school, has been booked by Shimlapuri police for raping his former employee who later owned a canteen in the school.
Gurbachan is 70 years old while the woman is in her mid-30s. She is a divorcee and has two kids.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman, she was initially working as a Class IV employee in the school. Later, Gurbachan helped her in opening a canteen. She alleged that he established physical relationship with her with a promise to marry her, but he just kept on exploiting her. She ran the canteen till early 2010. Later, Gurbachan expelled her out of the school.
Interestingly, the case is two years old, but the woman lodged the complaint a few days back only.
- We need to show we love India more than those who profess a monopoly on this love story
- Why television doesn’t show the crowds or their absence at Rahul Gandhi’s Bihar rallies
- Over-dependence on fossil fuels will hurt sustainable development in India
- Drastic measures against child abuse distract attention from failures to ensure justice for victims
- The Urdu Press: Bihar Miracle
- Instead of another revision, MPs should go for voluntary salary cuts