Ex-staffer accuses Akal Sahai Academy principal of rape
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Gurbachan Singh, principal and owner of Akal Sahai Academy which runs a high school, has been booked by Shimlapuri police for raping his former employee who later owned a canteen in the school.
Gurbachan is 70 years old while the woman is in her mid-30s. She is a divorcee and has two kids.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman, she was initially working as a Class IV employee in the school. Later, Gurbachan helped her in opening a canteen. She alleged that he established physical relationship with her with a promise to marry her, but he just kept on exploiting her. She ran the canteen till early 2010. Later, Gurbachan expelled her out of the school.
Interestingly, the case is two years old, but the woman lodged the complaint a few days back only.
Police conducted an inquiry and registered a case against Gurbachan on Wednesday. Shimlapuri SHO Jaswinder Singh said the police raided the house of the accused, but so far he had not been arrested.