Ex-staffer accuses Akal Sahai Academy principal of rape
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Gurbachan Singh, principal and owner of Akal Sahai Academy which runs a high school, has been booked by Shimlapuri police for raping his former employee who later owned a canteen in the school.
Gurbachan is 70 years old while the woman is in her mid-30s. She is a divorcee and has two kids.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman, she was initially working as a Class IV employee in the school. Later, Gurbachan helped her in opening a canteen. She alleged that he established physical relationship with her with a promise to marry her, but he just kept on exploiting her. She ran the canteen till early 2010. Later, Gurbachan expelled her out of the school.
Interestingly, the case is two years old, but the woman lodged the complaint a few days back only.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies