Ex-staffer accuses Akal Sahai Academy principal of rape
- Netaji files show family was under observation, intercepted communication hinted at sightings
- Indian fisherman allegedly killed in Pakistan firing off Gujarat coast
- Maharashtra government transfers Sheena Bora murder case to Central Bureau of Investigation
- Another drowned toddler washes up on Turkish beach: report
- Taliban attack on Pakistan base kills 29; 16 die in mosque
Gurbachan Singh, principal and owner of Akal Sahai Academy which runs a high school, has been booked by Shimlapuri police for raping his former employee who later owned a canteen in the school.
Gurbachan is 70 years old while the woman is in her mid-30s. She is a divorcee and has two kids.
According to a police complaint filed by the woman, she was initially working as a Class IV employee in the school. Later, Gurbachan helped her in opening a canteen. She alleged that he established physical relationship with her with a promise to marry her, but he just kept on exploiting her. She ran the canteen till early 2010. Later, Gurbachan expelled her out of the school.
Interestingly, the case is two years old, but the woman lodged the complaint a few days back only.