Ex-wing commander held, ‘key link’ to Abhishek Verma
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Others named in the list included the director general of Ordnance, the quarter master general and director general, Weapons and Equipment, from the Army. An unnamed senior official of the Defence Intelligence Agency was also mentioned. However there is no confirmation so far that any of the officers mentioned in the documents actually attended the party thrown by Rao, said officials.
The internal Ganton document also discusses how the guest list was drawn up "purely from our professional approach".
According to the agency, the 17 pages handed over by Allen contain classified information on acquisition plans of the Air Force in 2011-12, alarmingly from eight directorates of the Air Headquarters, as reported by The Indian Express first. These include details on repair of Aerostat radars and spares for long-range radars, procurements for Su-30 MKI aircraft, spares for the Mi-25 attack helicopters and missiles, chaffs and flares as well as ammmunition.
The CBI registered a case under the Official Secrets Act after the Defence Ministry filed a complaint listing eight of the documents given by Allen as "secret".