Eye on polls, Naveen announces Re 1/kg rice
Last month, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India had slammed the Rs 2 a kg rice scheme saying the government was illegally diverting rice for BPL families from the specified amount of 35 kg a month to 25 kg a month.
While the Orissa government said it was trying to cover more BPL families by reducing the allocation, the CAG in its report said by depriving the BPL families 10 kg of rice every month, the state diverted the rice involving the central subsidy of
Rs 2565.61 crore between 2002 and 2012.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18