- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
The NFBM Jagriti school for blind girls has been running an IT training institute since 2004 at its premises. On January 15, the Innerwheel Club of Pune has come forward to assist this institution to set up a state-of-the-art computer training center which is equipped with 10 computers, loaded with special screen reading software for the benefit of the visually challenged. The inaugural function of this computer lab was held on January 15 at their premises.
The National Association For The Welfare Of Physically Challenged in Pune held a tilgul distribution programme for the physically-challenged members on January 14 on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. The guest of honour was their senior activist Nasima Hurjuk.
For most people enjoying New Year means a big party with music, dancing and eats. But this year, class 10 students of Rosary School Viman Nagar presented a variety program for the disabled jawans at Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre on January 5. The jawans thoroughly enjoyed the dances of India, skits, and vigorous demonstrations of karate and pyramid formations. At the end of the program the students interacted with the jawans and distributed chocolates.