F&D A570U SPEAKERS: Big on Quality
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
I am not a fan of small speakers, let me admit it at the outset. It is true that the market demands increasingly smaller speakers because the major advantage is their size that makes it perfect for always-on-the-go people, but big speakers tower over little ones in three ways: they sound more realistic, they play louder with lower distortion, and they have better and deeper bass than small speakers.
Though small speakers are capable and convenient, music listening is more enjoyable with big speakers playing the entire frequency of human hearing range (20Hz-20KHz) than most of the small speakers + sub-woofer combined. This is no rocket science and any engineer with knowledge of acoustics can highlight the advantages of big speakers.
Big speakers push quantities of air to create an unmistakable and unique dynamic slam. It is more difficult for small speakers to move the same amount of air, and they can experience sound distortion as a result of too-loud volume and incorrect settings. Speakers with large dimensions are also more efficient in producing a crisper lower bass. Large speakers contain larger drive units, and these drivers equate to better bass frequency and dynamics. When it comes to size, size does matter!
I know that big speakers are out of the question for most folks, but what if there was a reasonably sized speaker that produced big-speaker sound? The F&D A570U is such a speaker, probably the best-sounding tower speaker I have heard in quite some time. In my test-run, the system was sweet, detailed, dynamically alive, and very, very natural sounding.
Fenda & Audio (F&D) is a New Delhi-based fast emerging brand for multimedia speakers. Its new A57OU is a 2.1 speaker packed with delectable features and delivers fairly good sound quality for all music types. Once out of the box, it becomes evident that F&D's latest offering meets the three key requirements —something that is budget based, simple to set up and delivers good quality audio with plenty of clarity. The overall design is very good, it also occupies less space and most importantly, it is power-friendly. The product is priced at R8,890—undoubtedly an attractive buy in its category—and is ideal for a small house party. Let us find out how it stacks up in terms of features and performance.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2