Facebook turns anti-Bal Thackeray platform as another 'hate' case rises
- Jaswant Singh quits BJP, feels sad and betrayed, to contest as independent
- EC takes note of Arvind Kejriwal's complaint, seeks details from government on proposed gas price hike
- Shakti Mills gangrape: Court accepts plea for additional charge against convicts
- Maharashtra poll authorities seek detail on Sharad Pawar's vote-twice remark
- Elections LIVE: I now have doubts about BJP, says 'betrayed' Jaswant Singh
Maharashtra government had on Tuesday suspended the two police officers, SP (Thane rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector Shrikant Pingle, for arresting the girls.
A bandh was observed at Palghar town in adjoining Thane district yesterday following a call by Shiv Sena against the suspension of the two police officers.
Maharashtra Police had yesterday decided to drop charges against the two girls.