Facing arrest, CRPF jawan agrees to marry lover
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Facing arrest on a complaint of cheating by his lover, a CRPF constable who allegedly dumped her after making her pregnant agreed to marry her.
Murugan of Attur was in love with his 25-year old neighbour for the past two years, but went back on his promise to marry her. He had also allegedly threatened to kill the woman, who was seven months pregnant, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint from the woman lodged with the All-Women Police station, a case was registered against the CRPF constable.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways