Facing arrest, CRPF jawan agrees to marry lover
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Facing arrest on a complaint of cheating by his lover, a CRPF constable who allegedly dumped her after making her pregnant agreed to marry her.
Murugan of Attur was in love with his 25-year old neighbour for the past two years, but went back on his promise to marry her. He had also allegedly threatened to kill the woman, who was seven months pregnant, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint from the woman lodged with the All-Women Police station, a case was registered against the CRPF constable.
When police went to arrest him, he made a u-turn and gave an undertaking that he would marry her, following which the case was closed.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid