Facing arrest, CRPF jawan agrees to marry lover
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
Facing arrest on a complaint of cheating by his lover, a CRPF constable who allegedly dumped her after making her pregnant agreed to marry her.
Murugan of Attur was in love with his 25-year old neighbour for the past two years, but went back on his promise to marry her. He had also allegedly threatened to kill the woman, who was seven months pregnant, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint from the woman lodged with the All-Women Police station, a case was registered against the CRPF constable.
When police went to arrest him, he made a u-turn and gave an undertaking that he would marry her, following which the case was closed.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi