Facing heat, J&K Education Minister quits
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
Jammu and Kashmir Education Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayed, who was indicted by the state police's Crime Branch for helping his foster son to clear the Class X examination in 2009, has sent his resignation to the Congress high command, Congress sources said on Friday.
Sources told The Indian Express that the Education Minister, who is from the Congress, sent his resignation to the party high command in New Delhi after he was asked to step down.
Congress spokesman Muzuffar Parray, however, refused to comment on his resignation.