Factionalism in BJP comes to fore
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- Australian PM confident sounds are from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
- Aam Aadmi Party battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress leader takes on 'married' Modi, says EC must intervene
In the run up to the elections for the post of president of the BJP's Chandigarh unit, factionalism within the party has come to the fore. At a meeting on Friday, senior leaders of the party held a discussion on the future course of action. City party chief Sanjay Tandon had been given a deadline till Friday to submit the voters' list of the internal elections. Another meeting is scheduled for Saturday.
Nodal officers raids Sector-26 market
Dr Deepak Bakshi, nodal officer, Tobacco control, Chandigarh, conducted a surprise check in the Sector-26 market, and found blatant violation of Section 5 of the Control of Tobacco Products Act, wherein no advertisement/display of cigarette brands are permitted. All the illegal materials were confiscated by the officers.