Factionalism in BJP comes to fore
In the run up to the elections for the post of president of the BJP's Chandigarh unit, factionalism within the party has come to the fore. At a meeting on Friday, senior leaders of the party held a discussion on the future course of action. City party chief Sanjay Tandon had been given a deadline till Friday to submit the voters' list of the internal elections. Another meeting is scheduled for Saturday.
Nodal officers raids Sector-26 market
Dr Deepak Bakshi, nodal officer, Tobacco control, Chandigarh, conducted a surprise check in the Sector-26 market, and found blatant violation of Section 5 of the Control of Tobacco Products Act, wherein no advertisement/display of cigarette brands are permitted. All the illegal materials were confiscated by the officers.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again