Faizabad mosque murder ‘solved’, 1 held
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: If Congress comes to power again, 40, 000 farmers will benefit, says Sonia
Police claimed Monday to have solved the murder of a youth whose body was found on the premises of a mosque in Ayodhya a few days ago. Mohammad Danish was found murdered on December 20 inside the mosque, located in the premises of the mausoleum of Hazrat Shish Paigambar, a very prominent religious place in Ayodhya.
The Faizabad administration said a youth, Mohammad Irshad, who is the son of the caretaker of the same mosque, committed the murder. Irshad used the rod of a hand pipe to kill Danish, the district authorities said. In order to divert the attention of police, he demolished some construction in the mausoleum, they added.
Faizabad District Magistrate Vipin Kumar Dwivedi said Irshad had confessed to the crime during police interrogation. Faizabad SSP K B Singh said several police teams were involved in nabbing the murderer. The local administration faced a very serious law and order problem after the murder. Some local leaders of minority community had alleged that the incident was engineered by communal forces to disturb the peace and the police was trying to divert the matter in some other direction. However, the Faizabad administration had maintained that it was a personal attack.